Welcome to the inaugural installment of my fashion blog – SilynRose, my fashion alias inspired by my mother Rosilyn who had a thing for shoes. People who know me know that I am very much a lover of fashion and have wanted to start a blog, design clothing, and be totally immersed in the fashion world. However, like most of us, I found myself putting off this off to do other things.
Well, having moved to New York City, recently turned 41 and had my annual reflection, my desire to write about fashion was reignited.
Now,I know you might be thinking what does a 40+ year-old know about fashion. Well, I have been around long enough to see the re-emergence of fashion trends and hairstyles from the 1970’s and 1980’s; I think that says something.
I want to focus on what the ordinary woman needs to do to make her feel good about herself. And the truth of the matter is, when we look good, we feel good! Speaking from experience, there are items of clothing that make me feel as though heaven has opened up and shined a light on me. I love that feeling.
So, how will this blog provide fashion insight that will help readers experience their own heavenly moments?
I have 6 categories:
1. Weekly Fashion File – This category includes a weekly article about some fashion topic. I have a few lined up, but will also take suggestions from the Rose Bouquet (my blog followers).
2. Caught being fabulous – This category will feature pictures of random fashionistas who I believe got it right. I will offer some commentary on why I think the outfit or look works for the particular person.
3. Decades of Difference – This category I have conceptualized to compare how I would wear a particular item of clothing or a particular trend with a person in their 20’s or 30’s – hence the title.
4. Keep it in the closet – This category includes items that you should simply have in you closet. I plan to begin by listing my ten must haves and explaining each. Then venturing to include other items as I come across them.
5. The Daily Fit – in this category, I will just show my daily outfits and share my commentary on how and why I styled the items as I have.
6. I will also continue to style and photograph models. I enjoy styling and photography and will at some point offer those services to my readers.
Thanks for reading and be beautiful!